In the morning at 10am we meet you in our safary house (address Lutontie 3, 99830 Saariselkä). We get ready with necessary gear (life vest, helmet and if needed with rubber boots and rain clothing). After that, all of us will be transported with canoes to the starting point at the lake Luttojärvi. It is a beatiful, small lake in the wilderness and it takes approx. 45 minutes to get there by car from Saariselkä. After safety information and canoeing guidance, we start our journey. First part of the river is quite shallow and there is few streams. Don’t worry, river is still easy to paddle and our guides are there to help you. We will enjoy soup lunch during our trip and last part of the river is easy and we paddle slowly between sandy beaches. Maybe it is nice and warm day and you dare to take a swim in the cool wilderness river! We finnish paddling at the Kolmoskoski and then head back to Saariselkä with car, the drive takes once again approx. 45 minutes. We spend approx. 6 hours on the river, total duration of the trip with transports is approx. 8 hours.
Know before you go
- Min. amount of participants is 4. (If there are 3 or less people 24 hours before the activity, the trip will canceled. We will contact you in this case).
- This trip is not suitable for small children, age limit is 10 years old.
- We ask you to inform us, if you have any food-allergies or a special diet. For security reasons, we also ask you to contact us, if you aren't able to swim or you suffer from a disease, that might have an effect on your perfomance during the trip. (For exapmle: asthma, diapetes or epilepsy).
What do I need to bring?
- Comfortable shoes, notice that your shoes might get wet
- Outdoor clothing due to weather (if rainy Windproof and waterproof pants and jacket
- Warm and breathable layer of clothing under your clothes (no cotton)
- Sunglasses and sunscreen if needed Headwear under your helmet (For example, woolly hat or a cap)
- Fitting gloves that are warm and water resistant (Gardening gloves are ok)
- Own water bottle and some snack
- Insecticide/mosquito repellent
- Personal medicines (asthma inhalator, insulin, adrenaline pen)
- Warm extra clothing inside a plastic, -/ or a waterproof bag (We don´t recommend to take a regular back or a backpack)
- If you want to take pictures during the trip, we recommend taking a waterproof bag to your mobile phone and a camera.
Booking in advance
Contact the company
Not exactly what you’re looking for? Contact the company for special requests and larger groups!